This page contains useful information and documentation to assist you during your time with the GW4 BioMed MRC DTP.
Below, you will be able to find information to assist you in your application to the DTP:
- Undergraduate Grade Equivalents for EU Students
- Postgraduate Degree Equivalent Grades for EU Students
During your time on the DTP, it is your responsibility to understand the rules and regulations that govern your PhD. Therefore, you should take some time to read through the regulations and codes of practice for your home university:
As an MRC-funded DTP student, you should familiarise yourself with and abide by the following MRC documents and policies:
- MRC ‘Good Research Practice: Principles and Guidelines’ policy.
- RCUK ‘Conditions on Research Council Training Grants’ policy.
- MRC Information Security policy.
- MRC Records Management policy.
- MRC Information Standards policy.
- Working with Animals regulation and policy.
- Improving Research Reproducibility and Reliability: Progress Update from Symposium Sponsors.
Vitae is a non-for-profit organization dedicated to supporting the professional development of researchers. They have a wealth of resources available on their website, but much of it is ‘member only access’. If your organization is a member then you can access the site by logging in with your university email address by clicking here.
Vitae Researcher Development Framework Professional Online Planner
As part of your time on the GW4 BioMed MRC DTP, you will be given access to Vitae’s RDF online planner. Using the planner initially to audit your skills, behaviours and attributes will enable you to develop a comprehensive training plan that highlights your strengths and identifies areas you may need to work on, and provides a means to plan your future development using a structured target setting approach.
You can find out more information about Vitae through the links below:
GW4 BioMed MRC DTP Documentation:
GW4 BioMed MRC DTP Logo.
GW4 BioMedical MRC DTP Student Handbook 2017.
GW4 BioMedical MRC DTP Student Handbook 2016.
Visitor Expenses Claims Form.
GW4 BioMed MRC DTP Lens for RDF Planner.
RDF Planner Webinar PowerPoint Presentation.